May 9, 2013 Leave a comment
Buying a home can be really exciting and stressful at the same time, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. Finding the perfect home for you and your family, starting a new beginning and living the “American dream” are all filled with positive and confusing emotions. And there are some things you need to know before you move forward and start looking for that dream home. We read a good article on CNN Money, “Tips for Buying a House,” that emphasizes the top 10 things you need to know to buy a home.
To summarize, here is what to keep in mind before you go house hunting:
- Don’t buy a house if you can’t make the commitment.
- Check your credit history and make adjustments if needed.
- Know your budget and look for a house that you can afford.
- Even if you can’t put 20 percent down, you might still get a loan.
- Look for an area with a good school district.
- Use a professional agent who will work in your best interest.
- Do your homework and study the difference between points and rate.
- Get pre-approved before you start looking for the perfect house.
- Be smart when it’s time for bidding. Do your research beforehand.
- Hire an experienced home inspector, preferably an engineer.
The article addresses each of these tips further and gives specific advice on home buying. If you’d like to learn more and be well prepared before you start the hunt for your dream home, we recommend that you read the article online.
If you have any questions about mortgages or need a consultation with one of BluFi’s mortgage bankers, we would be happy to help you. Give us a call at 1-800-644-7779.